Several shops, stalls, stores and other structures have been reportedly destroyed by a midnight fire that gutted a section of the popular Muda Lawal market in Bauchi.
It was gathered that the fire started very late in the night of Wednesday and burnt till the early hours of Thursday before it was put out by the combined efforts of firefighters and other determined individuals.
The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained as of the time of this report but there are strong indications that it started from one of the stores stocked with raw food items sparked off with electricity supply restoration.
Many items aside from the structures worth several millions of Naira were destroyed in the fire incident which was the second in 2021.
Officials of the market when contacted confirmed the fire incidence but could not give further details as they are still taking stock of what really happened.
More details later…