The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has unveiled full name of the stations whose broadcast licenced were revoked .
NBC said the reason why their licences were revoked is because of the failure of the organisations to to renew their broadcast licences amounting to N2.66 billion.
A statement by NBC on Friday noted that the move followed the publication of a list of stations yet to renew their licences.
According to the Commission, a two-week waiver was given to them in May to do so after which they risked the revocation of their broadcast licences.
In May 2022, the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) published in the National Dailies, the list of licensees that are indebted to the Commission, and granted them two weeks to renew their licenses and pay their debts or consider their licenses revoked, frequencies withdrawn and the withdrawn frequencies reassigned to others who are ready to abide by the necessary requirements.
Three months after the publication, some licensees are yet to pay their outstanding debts, in contravention of the National Broadcasting Commission Act CAP N11, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004, particularly section 10(a) of the third schedule of the Act.
In view of this development, the continued operation of the debtor-stations is illegal and constitutes a threat to national security.
Therefore, after due consideration, the NBC hereby announces the revocation of the licenses of the under-listed stations and gives them 24 hours to shut down their operations. Our offices nationwide are hereby directed to collaborate with security agencies to ensure immediate compliance:
S/N NAME OF STATION LOCATION
1. Silverbird TV (Silverbird Communications Co.
2. Rhythm FM (Silverbird Communications Ltd) FM Abuja
3. Rhythm FM (Silverbird Communications Ltd) FM Lagos
4. Rhythm FM (Silverbird Communications Ltd) FM Yenagoa
5. Rhythm FM (Silverbird Communications Ltd) FM Port-Harcourt
6. Rhythm FM (Silverbird Communications Ltd) FM.Jos
7. Rhythm FM (Silverbird Communication Ltd) Benin
8. Greetings FM (Greetings Media Ltd) FM Network
9. Tao FM (Ovidi CommunicationS Ltd) FM Okene
10. Zuma FM (Zuma FM Ltd) FM Suleja
11. Crowther FM (Crowther Communications Ltd) FM Abuja
12. We FM (Kings Broadcasting Ltd) FM Benin
13. Linksman International ltd Keffi
14. Bomay Broadcasting Services ltd Abuja
15. MITV (Murhi International Group Ltd) Ibadan
16. Classic FM (Pinkt Nigeria Ltd) Port-Harcourt
17. Classic FM (Pinkt Nigeria Ltd) Lagos
18. Classic TV (Pinkt Nigeria Ltd) Lagos
19. Smoot FM (Fenchurch Invest Consortium ltd) Lagos
20. Beat FM (Megalectrics LTD) Lagos
21. Cooper Communications ltd Lagos
22. Splash FM (West Midlands Ltd) Ibadan
23. Rock City FM (Boot Communications ltd) Abeokuta
24. Family FM (Kalaks Investments Nig. Ltd) Ilugun
25. Space FM (Creazioni Nig. Ltd) Ibadan
26. Radio Jeremi (Radio Jeremi ltd) Effurun
27. Breeze FM (Bays Water ltd) Akure
28. Vibes FM (Vibes Communication ltd) Benin
29. Family Love FM (Multimesh Broadcasting Co.Ltd) Port-Harcourt
30. Wave FM (South Atlantic Media ltd) Port-Harcourt
31. Kogi State Broadcasting Corporation
32. Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation
33. Niger State Broadcasting Corporation
34. Gombe State Broadcasting Corporation
35. Lagos State Broadcasting Corporation
36. Lagos DSB
37. Osun State Broadcasting Corporation
38. Ogun State Broadcasting Corporation
39. Ondo State Broadcasting Corporation
40. Rivers State Broadcasting Corporation
41. Bayelsa State Broadcasting Corporation
42. Cross River State Broadcasting Corporation
43. Imo State Broadcasting Corporation
44. Anambra State Broadcasting Corporation
45. Borno State Broadcasting Corporation
46. Yobe State Broadcasting Corporation
47. Sokoto State Broadcasting Corporation
48. Zamfara State Broadcasting Corporation
49. Kebbi State Broadcasting Corporation
50. Jigawa State Broadcasting Corporation
51. Kaduna State Broadcasting Corporation
52. Katsina State Broadcasting Corporation
The Broadcast stations that are not affected/whose names are not on this list, are required to renew their licenses for their current durations within the next 30 days or get their licenses also revoked.