Former Governor of Ogun State, Olusegun Osoba has condemned the call by former President Olusegun Obasanjo for the cancellation of the 2023 presidential election.
ADULAWO NEWS recall that Obasanjo, in a statement personally signed on Monday, stated that it is no secret that the results of last Saturday’s presidential election had been “doctored and manipulated.”
Obasanjo said the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, cannot claim ignorance but he cannot fold his hands and do nothing when he knows that the election process has been corrupted.
The former president further called for a rerun election next Saturday in areas that were marred with violence during last Saturday’s presidential election.
Speaking during an interview with Television Continental on Tuesday, Osoba said the letter written by Obasanjo was nothing but a provocation to violence.
The former governor added that the letter was not just an incitement but a plan to scuttle the democratic electoral process.
He said, “Obasanjo’s statement is more than an incitement. I believe there is a plan to scuttle the democratic process and I pray this would not happen.
I see this statement as a provocation to violence but the people have made up their mind not to be provoked.”
Osoba also expressed displeasure over various inciting messages on social media, stressing the comments are detrimental to the current democratic process.
He added, “There have been other incitements like saying Ladipo market has been attacked by hoodlums but the president of the marketers has come out to debunk it.
“Some people also said the Igbos have hoisted the Biafra flag in Ikeja but that was not correct rather it was the Labour Party’s flag being flown there.
An elder should learn not to be pugilistic.”