A 300 level student of Petroleum and Gas Engineering from the Federal University of Otuoke (FUO), Bayelsa State identified as Job Alawari-Kei, has reportedly died after an alleged overdose of an illicit drugs.
The 19-yeat-old boy allegedly collapsed and died after consuming the drugs known locally as Colo.
Mr Asinim Butswat, the State PPRO who confirmed the incident said that the corpse has been deposited at the hospital for autopsy, adding that investigation is ongoing.
According to him, “On 3rd May 2023 at about 2200 hours, one Job Alawari Kei ‘m’ 19 years, a student of the Petroleum and Gas Engineering Department of Federal University Otuoke, slumped after intake of illicit substances,”
“He was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead. The corpse has been deposited at the Hospital for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing.”